Monday, July 13, 2009

Mentor Wanted

An UCLA student, who describes her interest as interested in digital libraries, image search and information visualization -- maps, information mapping, and etc., is looking for a mentor. She is also interested in non-traditional roles and information technology.

Here is what she is looking for in a mentor:
Just some guidance on how to develop my interest in digital information and information visualization into a career. Also, advice on what areas of learning to focus on during my second year of library school (will be graduating from UCLA with MLIS in June 2010). And maybe some guidance on approaching the job market. I guess the main thing is that I'm so stoked on this field and about information work, and haven't found a whole lot of people to talk to about career opportunities outside of traditional libraries.

She resides in the Palisades area.

Please let me know if I can put her in touch with anyone in the chapter.

Kind regards,

Maria Brahme, Mentoring Committee Chair
Maria.Brahme@pepperdine.edu

No comments: