Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Why you should come to our networking events.

I can't believe it's already August. With 7 full months of programming under my belt I can say without a doubt that this has year has been the most fun I've had professionally in a very long time. Why? Because I've attended all of the SLA-SCC events! And you should too. Most of our events this year have been free, open to non-members, and pretty easily accessible (Did you know that some chapters cover entire states? And you thought driving across town was bad). Every event offers the opportunity to meet new people, expand your horizons, learn about other libraries, and sometimes there's even beer (at happy hour, not on library tours).

We have some really fun events coming up for the rest of the year, and I hope to see some old friends and new faces. In case you need proof of how much fun we have, I have photographic evidence. Enjoy!

GIA Library Tour, July 16.

More GIA pics from Grace Rosales. (Thanks Grace!)

Westwood Happy Hour, August 5, pics from Sara Tompson. (Thanks Sara!)

Oh, and there was a really fun lunch at the Hammer on July 29th, but I was way too busy enjoying my delicious meal and some free art to take pictures. Trust me, you should have been there.

See you at the next event!
-Robin

No comments: