Friday, April 23, 2010

Save the date! Cindy Romaine will be visiting our Chapter on May 12th!

First of all, my apologies for the lack of programming in April. What a hectic month it's been! But I'll make it up to you, I promise. In fact, we already have two fun events planned for May, and some great ideas for future programs in the works.

On May 6th we'll be meeting up with our SJSU members (open to all): http://sla-scc.blogspot.com/2010/04/sla-scc-sjsu-happy-hour-may-6th-530pm.html. I hope you'll join us.

On May 12th, we're anticipating a visit from SLA President-Elect Cindy Romaine! We are working on the details and will make the formal announcement soon, but we have penciled it in at 6pm, at the Fashion Institute in Downtown LA. Keep your eye on this blog and the discussion list for more details.

I'm also working on programming for the rest of the year, and I'm interested in hearing from anyone who would like to host an area networking lunch, happy hour, or library tour. Hosting is easy! All you have to do is help me with a few details, and I'll handle the rest.

I'm also working on putting together the Sternheim fundraiser this year, and I'm looking for a few good volunteers. In particular I need help designing the announcement, organizing the auction and raffle, and providing hospitality.

Please consider volunteering. Everyone has something to give. I look forward to hearing from you, and seeing you at future SLA-SCC events.

Robin Dodge
SLA-SCC President-Elect
rdodge@fidm.edu

1 comment:

SaraT said...

Really looking forward to hearing from Cindy! Her "Future Ready" focus message is inspiring, from what I have heard so far. Also note Cindy will be joining us SEPT. 24th at USC for our professional development program on career agility! Sara T. SLA SCC Prof. Dev. Chair.